WHAT ARE LEDGE STONES?
A by-product of Natural Stone cut into the thin, long-shaped stone and stacked tightly without showing any mortar joints is how we define our Ledge Stones. Even Stones have a Love, a Love that seeks the Ground – such are the stacked stones, which look charismatic if placed properly in their perfect backdrop. They basically have a single stripe-like shape that comes in an array of multi-shades and complements a variety of our projects. Giving an impression of a beautiful timeless fashion, we get to see its many applications in almost every house. This is basically a pattern of individually stacked stones in a horizontal manner typically lying the stone piece by piece that gives a glare and gleam to your decor. Because of this feature, they are also called stacked stones or ledger stones by many.
ADVANTAGES OF LEDGE STONES
Made up of recycled material, these stones look stunning on any wall that you choose and that becomes the focal point of that project. All you need to do is to choose a proper spotlight for that wall that will further bring its textures and finishes to the zenith. Covering your Interiors and exteriors, the stone is often used in bathrooms, living areas, building facades, garden walls, pool areas, and main entrances. However, the best application of these stacked stones can be seen on the wall of fireplaces to give it a modern-rustic look.
MAIN CHARACTERISTIC OF LEDGE STONE
Since the stone is a Natural Stone, so each panel of this ledge is unique in its own way and varies in hue and texture giving this stone a distinct look from each other. As such you will find fewer similarities between the two pieces of stone. This is what makes it more attractive and interesting.
THE POPULARITY OF LEDGE STONE
This style of stone has become increasingly popular with time. With a bent towards nature, and more use of eco-friendly products masses yearn for a stone product that should not only be organic in nature but also have low maintenance cost, durability, and long-lasting adjectives connected to them. Besides this, we have more benefits from Using Natural Stones. So here we are with a great solution to all your desires and dreams – Modern ledge stones. Stone Universe Inc. offers you a variety of compositions and stone colors available for you to choose from. From soft to warm and from dark to bright, choose the color that best defines you and your surroundings.
TYPES OF LEDGE STONES THAT ENHANCES THE FIREPLACES
On the basis of color, texture, composition, and usage along with many intrinsic characteristics, these stones can be defined as Travertine, Limestone, Sandstone, Quartzite, Slatestone, etc. Some have a glue-backing that makes use of chemicals, the other comes with a cement-backing, that is easy to install. But of course, professional assistance is required in both.
It is a highly versatile sedimentary rock formed at the bottom of the earth’s crust over a period of millions of years with a high amount of calcium carbonate and is known for its elegance, beauty, and durability. There is a presence of a lot of Clay structures over its surface. SUI has a variety of neutral colors ranging from beige to yellow, gold to grey, and blues to black available that would make an apt choice for installation near fireplaces. Ledger stone fireplace brings a seamless appeal all around.
- Antique Black: With blackish and charcoal-grey shades, this modern ledge stone is available in non-cement or Glue backing. Often used as barbeque surfaces, if installed in your living area, it gives a royal and majestic look to your fireplace.
These types of stones are made up of sand grains that are closely cemented together and can be recognized by their rough granular texture which can be easily located if seen and felt closely. It is these granules that are responsible for giving every such stone a uniqueness of its own by giving different colors from beige to black that volunteer for its superficial appearance of hard rock at times. Stone Universe offers you the following unique and attractive colors from its color pallet:
- Autumn Mist: These ledge stones come with unique fossil patterns on their surface that give an earthy look. Available in the variants of beige to browns, the panels have a glue backing. Being relative to nature, they are always found in soft colors and thus give magnificence to your fireplaces in your living areas or even outdoors. Their patterns blend well with the element of nature – Fire. Ledger stone fireplace of this color are also in popular trend.
- Grey Mist: Available in neutral tones of grey the stone base gives a style statement to your projects. Being in the subdued tone of blacks, the stone color stands well with any combination of the walls, furniture, and flooring.
Quartzite is one of the most durable and chemically resistant rocks found on the earth’s crust. It is because of this incredible strength that the material is regarded as one of the choices for ledge stone panels. Often mistaken for marble or light-colored granite, this metamorphic rock comes in a variety of soft colors depending on its mineral contents. SUI offers various variations in colors for these Ledgestones.
- Antique Gold: Thinking of giving a truly modern look to your fireplaces, look for the hues that range from Golden to pink and browns to turquoise, all in one stone with a Glue backing. A pure diversity of color that beyond giving a present-day touch gives a mesmerizing finished look to the warmer corner of your house.
- Desert Gold: If we want to see a versatile stone appearance, Desert Gold is the one you can lean at. Humungous color variations ranging from golden to greys and creamy whites to brick red are what we can witness in the stone. An apt choice that can blend with any surrounding color. SUI cement backing ledge stone outdoor, a choice of many.
- Gold Quartz: One of the favorites of any designer, architect, or contractor, the color blends very well with the darker surroundings. Exterior ledgestone with a glue backing, has a blend of blue, green, golden, and a tinge of orange making it versatile to use near fireplaces, all believed to be the color of Fire.
- Sage Green:Giving out shades of Grey, from light to dark with a touch of tan, sage green comes with a cement backing and is believed to be a strong applicant in the race of the stones that are suitable near fireplaces.
- Steel Quartz: Giving a very cool and calm appeal to the surroundings, the exterior ledge stones look attractive, decent, and peaceful once applied as cladders on fireplaces.
With great strength and durability, it is a shale-type sedimentary rock of clay that derives its colors from its own mineral compositions. Being fire resistant and highly energy efficient, slate is an appropriate material to be installed at fireplaces. Look for Stone Universe darker tones of outdoor ledger stone slate choices:
- Black Waterfall: One of the darkest ranges of SUI comes in a monochromatic color tone. As the color black suggests, these glue-backed panels are a statement in themselves. Royalty and its attractiveness give this stone its timeless appeal. If you are looking for a fireplace ledger stone, end up your search with black waterfall ledger stone.
- California Gold: The color variation from gold to rust, from beige to browns and greys provide this non-cemented backed material an astonishing touch once installed at our fireplaces.
- Classic Black: The tinge of rust over an all-black platform gives this stone an antique rustic look. Being a slate material this is sure to stand the test of time and enhance the beauty of our firewall.
- Smoky Rust: These non-cemented panels and corners have beautiful mixtures of grey, gold, brown, and rust giving a beautiful elevation to your firewalls.
A form of limestone but an elegant natural stone that can be used Indoors and outdoors. Though the material demands regular care and maintenance but once dealt with the utmost care, this is sure to last long, through ages. When it comes to giving an extra factor to your construction project, travertines are the ideal choices of One and All. The long-lasting beauty of the stone has a mesmerizing impact on the corner where this is installed. Let us see what SUI has in store for travertines for its valued clients:
- Antique Gris: With a combination of silver, greys, and whites, these panels are available in non-cemented backings and will be a great choice for your project.
- Antique Ivory: Available in the tint of yellows and beige, this also comes in glue backing and can prove to be an ideal color for your wall with darker tones of surroundings.
- Antique Scabos: Came in a mixed match of hues that ranges from creams to browns and beige, the ledge stones have a curb appeal to the surroundings and are a choice of many.